RIS Media just posted 12 great tips to make your move simple and stress free. Check out the article for the details – but here’s a quick version:
- Choose a type of move. – DIY or fully outsourced?
- Hire a quality mover
- Declutter – don’t move anything you don’t need or want
- Be flexible – different dates get different rates
- Save on boxes – ask the moving company about used boxes
- Save on packing materials – use what you have
- Mail books – book rates are great!
- Consider consolidation – maybe there’s someone
- Insure it – check your homeowners insurance
- Be prepared – know where the boxes should go
- Stake your claim – if you’re moving for a job talk about expenses
- Tip – $3-5 per mover per hour is the going rate
Submitted by Minnesota Realtor Lee Fisher