National Realty News recently published an article about remodeling. They had a nice list of questions to ask yourself before you think about remodeling but it was the facts and figures that I found most interesting.
Here’s the ROI they reported for some popular improvements:
- Kitchens – often become dated sooner than any other room due to wear and tear – 92.9%.
- Bathrooms – they have changed the most over the years – 90.1%; adding a bathroom yields 86.4%.
- Family rooms – adding one will return approximately 80.6%.
- Bedrooms – adding an additional bedroom results in an 82.75% return; a master suite approximately 80.1%.
- Decks – average ROI here is 86.7%.
- Windows – add “volume” to a home and yield a surprising 84.5%.