Smart Money just ran a helpful article on the 10 Mistakes First-Time Home Buyers Make. Here’s an abbreviated list, you can check out the details on the Smart Monday site.
- Not knowing how much house you can afford.
- Assuming foreclosures are great deals.
- Letting your true feelings show.
- Failing to find a good buyer’s agent.
- Underestimating the costs of owning a home.
- Failing to budget for property taxes.
- Assuming your first offer will get accepted.
- Skipping the inspection.
- Doing too much too fast.
- Failing to include a contingency clause in the contract.
Submitted by exclusive buyer agent, Lee Fisher