Big congratulations to our new favorite homeowners in Columbia Heights, MN! It gives us a chance to talk about Columbia Heights.
Columbia Heights is a first-ring northern suburb of Minneapolis. It is bordered by the city of Fridley to the north and west; New Brighton and Saint Anthony to the east; and Minneapolis to the south.
Big news this year, the National Civic League selected Columbia Heights as one of ten cities to win the 2016 All-America City Award for outstanding community accomplishments! You can learn more from the video:
- As of the census of 2010, there were 19,496 people, 7,926 households, and 4,558 families residing in the city.
- There were 7,926 households of which 27.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them and 38.5% were married couples living together
- The median age in the city was 36.9 years.
- The median value of home is $153,100
- 64% of the homes are owner-occupied
- Average travel to work is 24 minutes