I have been attending Real Estate education classes. It’s been very interesting to hear some of the positive perspectives on today’s housing and mortgages markets. Here is some of the news I wanted to share:
- We are at an interest rate lower than a year ago especially on the 30 year fixed.
- 98 % of all mortgages in our country ARE paid on time!!!
- There are lots of buyers looking and looking (observed during the traditional method of “open houses.”)
- We are a cautious consumer especially right now. Maybe we (sellers and buyers) are being greedy since we seem to have experienced such interesting times in housing lately.
- This IS a good market. Maybe not for everyone. No market is.
- There will not be a bell ringing when we hit bottom in pricing of real estate nor a bell ringing saying interest rates are going to go up.
- A full time educated participating Realtor is a resource especially now.