Today we are starting a new feature where we highlight a specific area in the Twin Cities. We’re starting with Eagan, in Dakota County.
Eagan is a thriving suburb of the Twin Cities metropolitan area located approximately 15 miles southeast of downtown Minneapolis. The high school has been twice named a “Nationally Recognized School of Excellence”. In 2006, it was rated the 12th best place to live in the United States by Money Magazine. Learn more on Wikipedia.
- Population (2006 City Staff estimate) – 67,448
- Median income (2000 Census) – $67,388
- Education level BA/BS or higher (2000 Census) – 49%
- Average House Market Value (2005) – $263,458
- Unemployment rate – Eagan – 3.0%
Parks – 54
Learn more on the City of Eagan Web site.