The good news for homebuyers is that there are plenty of homes from which to choose. The bad news is that there are plenty of homes from which to choose. While five years ago the average homebuyer would look at 15-20 homes before making an offer. Folks are visiting more today – but RISMedia recently offers some tips to help homebuyers get and keep focused. The market is ripe to get a good deal – but you don’t want to miss your dream house by focusing on detaisl that make the great deal but not a great home. Hopefully the following tips will help. For more details check out the full article.
- Do enough looking to get to know your local market.
- Let your emotions help you.
- Decide if a distressed property is really right for you.
- Don’t focus too heavily on price.
- Be ready to negotiate.
- Get plenty of advice but trust the professionals.
- Don’t let negative comments about the housing market scare you off.
We want to emphasize the sixth point – trust the professionals. In today’s economy, it’s important to find a real estate agent who will focus on your needs as a buyer. Often those needs can compete with the needs of the seller. Now it the time you want an exclusive home buyer agent.
Submitted by Mary Rugani, exclusive home buyer agent based in Minnesota.